Sunday, March 6, 2011

Faster DVD

Let's begin with the title: Faster. "Faster" than what? Pray tell.
Moving on to the random titles that were a complete waste of time and budget. Your audience is not that lame. We have 5 people total on the hit list, one guy doing the hits, another hired gun, and two cops. The first title we see is "Driver". I look at my husband and say, "wait, I thought the name of the movie was Faster?" The next title, "Faster". Ok, the actual title. Then, we get "Cop" and "Killer". That's it. What do these title have to do with the movie? I think I can tell that the cop is a cop. Also, the killer is clearly a killer. So, really, I could have done with out the titles. If you are going to put those little titles in then every character worth mentioning should have had one. Here are some suggestions: Doorman, Cameraman, Knifeguy, Brother-killer, Ex-girlfriend. I just don't think those 3 specific titles were necessary.
Now, you must think that I thought the movie sucked, and I did. It does. But, it is worth watching for two reasons. The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson. I am always so pleasantly surprised that he is an excellent actor. I feel bad saying that, but he is so genuine. He has such depth in his character. He doesn't say much in the movie but you understand him. The other reason to watch is the bathroom scene with the Rock and Lester Speight.
I guess it wasn't horrible. I mean, it didn't have Val Kilmer or Cuba Gooding Jr. in it, so it had that going for it.
Speaking of those formerly good actors gone wrong, what happened to them? Billy Bob beware. You are going the same path. But, seriously, Faster? Bad title dude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment