Wednesday, February 16, 2011

DEXTER Season 4 DVD

I can't believe they killed her off. If you don't want to know, don't read any further. I'll say it again, I can't believe they killed her off! I pride myself on being able to see all the foreshadowing and seeing what's going to happen next in a plot line. My husband and I will discuss what we think will happen next and I'm usually right. Not that I enjoy an easily deciphered plot. No, I love being wrong. I enjoy the suspense as much as anybody. I get tingly when I'm right. I get just as tingly when I'm wrong. If I can blatantly see the punch that's the only time I get pissed... or so I thought.
This season of Dexter had me sitting on the edge of my seat most of the time gripping the little pillows on my couch begging my husband to sit next to me. I'm totally terrified of John Lithgow due to a series of nightmares after watching him in Raising Cain as a kid. Later he would win me back with his character in 3rd Rock From the Sun. Still, I know what he is capable of so, I was prepared. And, terrified. He is so excellent.
The relationship status of Deb is something I can see coming. She is damaged goods, as she says. So, I knew her happy days were numbered. Enter Lundy. Exit Lundy. One character down.
I will skip over all the rest, because the show is great, the actors are great. I don't care to waste time telling you other plotlines. Watch the show. I will only make quick mention the addition of Quinn, and his charater arc being wonderful.
Now, back to my original rant. I can't believe they killed her. My heart breaks everytime I think of it. Dexter ties up all the loose ends and comes home to pack only to find that he didn't kill Trinity soon enough. Trinity killed Rita in the bath. I wasn't sure even when the phone rang, even when I saw the pool of blood, it didn't occur to me that it was really happening. Ah! My heart dropped, I was instantly choking a sob, and I was so surprised. SO SURPRISED. Hats off to the writers. I tried to think of every which way that Rita's death might have been avoided and I should have seen that coming. Ah! So awful. I am so sad. Farewell lovely Rita.

No comments:

Post a Comment